Alaska • California • Guam • Hawaii • IdahoMontana • Nevada • Oregon • Wasington • WyomingAlberta • British Columbia • Northwest TerritoriesSaskatchewan • Yukon Territories
Western Region Student Opportunities
Jack Handford Summer Internship
CSA Western Region presents the Jack Handford Summer Internship, 2018. The winning student applicant will receive a $2000 stipend for an internship with an accredited museum or institutional costume collection.
Applicants must be current CSA Western Region members to apply. The internship is open to undergraduate students about to commence their senior year and to graduate students. Applications are due December 15, 2017.
The winner will select one of three preselected institutional proposals:
- MOHAI, Seattle, WA – focus on preparation for High Fashion/ High Function: Style in Seattle which will open Spring 2019
- FIDM, Los Angeles, Ca – inventory, digitize, organize and rehouse fashion-focused, paper based materials in a Special Collection
- MOR, Bozeman, MT – be responsible for completing an inventory of the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s hanging costume collection and update storage methods
Review the details of the proposals here.
Download materials to apply for an internship:
- For more information or with questions, please contact the Student Awards and Summer Internship Chair of the CSA Western Region.
- Contact Joann Driggers
Student Membership Support
The Western Region Board of Directors voted to continue offering support of student memberships.
We will ADD $30 from CSA-WR to total the $55 student fee and will forward your application to the National Office! Students may re-apply once, for a total subsidy of two years.
- Currently registered students can join CSA or renew their memberships by sending in a CSA Membership application form with proof of their current registration at an educational institution (copy of a Registration card I.D.) along with a check made out to CSA for $25.
2502 SW Arden Rd
Portland, OR 97201