Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Michigan • Minnesota • MissouriNebraska • North Dakota • Ohio • South Dakota • WisconsinManitoba • Ontario
Midwestern Regional Events
Midwest Region Annual Meeting and Symposium
Fashion and Technology
October 19-21, 2017
The Midwest Region of the Costume Society of America invites you to attend its 2017 regional symposium and annual meeting. Presentations will include original research related to fashion in the age of social media, technology in the fashion classroom, museum and conservation practice, and focuses on various designers.
The symposium will be held at The Westin Hotel, Downtown Cincinnati and will include research presentations, original design showcase, silent auction, and other events.
- An opening reception at the Westin, with views of Cincinnati’s beautiful Fountain Square.
- Tours at the Cincinnati Art Museum of the exhibition Iris van Herpen: Transforming Fashion and the museum’s fashion storage.
- Cocktail reception and tours at the University of Cincinnati of the fashion design collection, Bonnie Cashin collection, theatre costume storage, and Rapid Prototyping Center.
- Opportunities for self-exploration of Cincinnati’s great food, drink, and cultural offerings.
Symposium Sponsored by:
Cincinnati Art Museum
University of Cincinnati
The Westin Cincinnati
21 E. 5th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Overlooking historic Fountain Square, The Westin Cincinnati boasts an outstanding location in the heart of Cincinnati’s bustling central business district and downtown’s vast array of fine restaurants, shops, museums, theaters, and celebrated sports stadiums.
- To make a reservation phone 1-800-WESTIN 1 and mention the “Costume Society of America”
- $149/night and includes state-of-the-art internet connection, views of the city skyline, Ohio River or historic Fountain Square, indoor pool, whirlpool and exercise room. (breakfast not included)
- Check in starts at 3:00pm and check out 12 noon
Reserve by 5pm ET, September 19, 2017
For information on other hotels in the area email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring items (books, exhibitions catalogs, garments, etc.) or ship them ahead of time with your contact information to Terri Lynn Weiler at Cincinnati Art Museum, 953 Eden Park Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Image: Issey Miyake (Japanese, b.1938), Minaret Dress, 1995, polyester, Cincinnati Art Museum, Gift of Miyake Design
Studio in memory of Otto Charles Thieme, 1997.6