Welcome to the online home of the Costume Society of America. We invite you to click around the site to learn more about CSA, our initiatives, outreach projects, Regional and National Symposiums, numerous publications, study tour opportunities, and our many Awards and Honors.
We have a passion for the study of dress and appearance. The passion is the importance of loving what we do - it motivates us, challenges us and drives us each and every day.
As a member, you will have access to the members-only site that provides contact information, communities of practice topics and list-serve networking and resources.
The Costume Society of America was founded in 1973 to:
- stimulate scholarship and encourage study in the rich and diverse field of costume;
- disseminate information on dress and appearance;
- raise the profile and credibility of the field of costume;
- network among our members and with other people and organizations having costume interests
- manage and govern the organization to serve the membership.
On behalf of our members worldwide, welcome to the CSA website. Enjoy browsing and getting to know us. If I have piqued your interest, consider joining and becoming a member of this extraordinary and remarkable organization. We will be your Virtual Center for the Study of Dress through education, research, preservation and design!